Thursday, July 12, 2012

Digging Out

I'm still very slowly digging myself out from the hole of exhaustion that the last month led to.

I'm noticing though, that the oddest things make me tired.

My email inbox for example - just staring at it makes me feel exhausted.  The outstanding messages are all from people I want to correspond with - mostly my closest friends.  But somehow, I'm struggling to find the energy to respond and share life in what is normally one of my favorite methods of communication.

A cluttered or dirty space makes me tired, too.  That's not totally abnormal, but before it was something I would simply pick up and take care of.  Now it just exhausts me.  I stare at whatever the mess is, and wish it would go away, and let it paralyze me.

It's becoming clear to me that a new normal and balance of life is going to need to emerge - just how or what that is, I'm not sure yet.

In the meantime, have I mentioned that there are only about three weeks left in this semester? And that I then have about four weeks off before the next semester kicks in? And that one of those weeks I'm going to spend in Florida with some cherished friends?  Because those three things are keeping me going right now!

0 comments: